- WikiLeaks and related sites continue battling a massive DDoS attack. WL Central provides the latest information on the attack.
- The WikiLeaks GI Files have revealed the secret, widespread surveillance system TrapWire. Ben Doernberg offers a thorough explanation of what TrapWire is and what it does.
- WikiLeaks cables show that Paraguay's impeachment of President Fernando Lugo, likened to a "quasi-coup", may have been linked to oil.
- WikiLeaks' GI Files show that a Mexican diplomat traded secrets with the private intelligence firm Stratfor.
- The Young Turk's Cenk Uygur wrote about the WikiLeaks GI Files, including Rick Perry's comments about how US Presidential candidate Mitt Romney can't get elected, and how a Stratfor analyst believes the US media resigned from investigative journalism.
- Support group WikiLeaks Actu held a rally today for Julian Assange and Bradley Manning in Paris, France.
WikiLeaks has been financially blockaded without process for 616 days.
Julian Assange has been detained without charge for 613 days (53 days at the Ecuadorian Embassy).
Bradley Manning has been imprisoned without trial for 810 days.
A secret grand jury has been active in the US without transparency for 696 days.
Julian Assange News
- Members of the US House Armed Services Committee discussed the NDAA and "offshoring" Julian Assange.
- "It's a pretty sticky constitutional question on how we would deal with American citizens in that category [material support], but it's not when we deal with someone like Julian Assange. An Australian citizen could be put into that category, moved over to a place offshore of the United States outside of the jurisdiction of the Federal courts, the civilian Federal courts in the United States, and adjudicated under a military tribunal in a fashion that was designed by this Congress and directed by this Congress."
- Supporters of Julian Assange will deliver messages to him at the Ecuadorian Embassy this Sunday, 12 August. You can send your message to Mr Assange via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bradley Manning News
- New motions from Bradley Manning's defence detail the horrific conditions PFC Manning was subject to while held at Quantico marine base. According to the motions, a three-star general was the force behind the orders to keep PFC Manning under POI status, which allowed him to be held in solitary confinement. The full motions have been released by PFC Manning's attorney David Coombs.