Archive - Press Coverage
- 2011-10-02: SMH: Moment of truth
Moment of truth for WikiLeaks as a decision concerning Julian Assange's extradition approaches. The most recent WikiLeaks' developments and the Assange case summarized and analyzed by Guy Rundle.
- 2011-07-15: Griffith Review: The Assange appeal and News of the World scandal
Article by british journalist Barbara Gunnell, who was present at the hearing. Comment on press reports that followed, defense team's legal strategy and reduced media presence, due to focus on phone hacking case.
- 2011-07-15: ZDNet: Assange journalist almost undone by Desire
A journalist almost got in trouble with the law after he took a picture with his HTC Desire during the extradition appeal hearing. Includes a very brief but accurate summary of the court proceedings.
- 2011-07-12: Aftonbladet: Assange-förhandling fortsätter i morgon
Kristinn Hrafnsson talks very briefly to Aftonbladet about Julian Assange's extradition case. According to the Swedish newspaper, citing defense, Julian Assange will speak publicly tomorrow.
- 2011-07-12: The Independent: Julian Assange in bid to block extradition
"European arrest warrant (EAW) which led to Assange's arrest contained "fundamental misstatements" of what had occurred in Stockholm last August", report on Julian Assange's defense arguments in court.
- 2011-07-12: Expressen: Beslut om överlämnande av Assange
Sweden newspaper Expressen interviews Claes Borgström, the lawyer representing the complainants, who believes Julian Assange will be extradited to Sweden and Gareth Peirce's previous experience as a Guantanamo Bay attorney is irrelevant to this case.
- 2011-07-12: Berliner Zeitung: Der Mann, der Mendax war
Interview with Suelette Dreyfus. First questions directly related to Julian Assange's extradition appeal hearing.
- 2011-07-11: Deutsche Welle: Campaign against WikiLeaks founder won't stop leaks According to media experts, the phenomenon of leaks and Wikileaks itself might be unstoppable, despite legal attacks on the organization and Julian Assange possibly facing jail.
- 2011-07-08: Rixstep: Wild Tom Hayden
Rixstep's critical analysis of "The Trials of Julian Assange" by Tom Hayden.
- 2011-06-26: ccwlja: Expressen’s double standards
Blog, Swedish newspaper Expressen printed and online versions - differences and inconsistencies.
- 2011-06-22: The Nation: Julian Assange's New Legal Strategy
Tom Hayden announces changes in Julian Assange's legal team and new approach, presents Gareth Peirce's and Claes Borgström's views.